SPICED AACHENER PRINTEN
400 g sugar beet syrup, 30 ml water, 85 g farin sugar, 125 g rock candy, 500 g flour, 15 g orange-peel, 5 g soda, printen spices (consisting of 10 g anise, 5 g coriander and cinnamon – each ground, 2 g allspice, Clove, cardamom and nutmeg – each ground), 5 g of potash
- Heat sugar beet syrup with 20 ml of water in a pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the sugar, sugar candy, flour, orange peel, soda, Printen spices and knead everything.
- Finely crush potash and – dissolved in the remaining water – add to the dough.
- Roll out the dough with the rolling pin approx. 5 mm thick, cut out and place on a greased, water-sprayed plate.
- Bake Printen in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for approx. 18 minutes.
Refine your Printen with almonds, nuts or halved, candied cherries before baking. Alternatively, cover with dark chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa content) after cooling.
Tip: refine your Printen